Of Beatrice and Timmy: The Plurals Spring 2010 Tour Journal

I suppose this isn’t a tour “journal” per se as I’ve written the whole thing after the fact. But I took notes while on tour and have been writing them into this thing on and off for the past couple weeks. Hope it’s not too long. Who am I kidding, everyone is always looking for a distraction at a computer these days. Hope this thing distracts you for awhile.
(Also up at http://www.myspace.com/thepluralsrock).

So it came to pass on March 3rd, 2010 that The Plurals would play our
first show in nearly four months. Four months is by far the longest
The Plurals haven’t played a show since… well, since we formed. I
think we played our first show about three months after we started.
Something like that. Our last show was on November 15, 2009 at The
Orphanage in Chicago. After that, Hattie went to Texas to do some
family things, find some work, have a life experience, etc, while Nich
and I focused on our other projects, namely Josh David and the Dream
Jeans and Drinking Mercury. Truth be told, a good chunk of the time
that Hattie was actually gone we were working on the Bermuda Snowhawk
2009 compilation, forming one-off bands, recording a bunch of
nonsense, and in general just goofing around in the studio (and the
results were actually pretty good… some of the stuff on that comp is
among my favorite recordings I’ve been a part of). We wrote and
recorded a Plurals song called “Conifer Oberst” for this comp, where I
played drums, rhythm electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and lead
vocals, Nich played bass and lead guitar, and Hattie literally phoned
in some backing vocals. So The Plurals weren’t really on “hiatus” or
anything during this time, but it sure felt like a longtime had passed
without The Plurals as an active thing. So much of my life is wrapped
up in The Plurals, for better or worse, and Plurals activity just
couldn’t come fast enough for me. We formed a one-off “supergroup” for
Josh David’s birthday party called Gary Sez Go, with myself, Nich,
Frankie, Timmy, and John Bruce and we played “The Sun” by The Plurals,
but there’s just nothing like actually playing with The Plurals.

Before Hattie left in November, we recorded demos for 22 new songs, so
that we could pick things right up when Hattie got back. The
challenge, to me, was to actually play older songs and not just work
on the new stuff, but we balanced things pretty well between new and
old, eventually settling on a good pool of stuff to play for our first
shows, including all of the songs from “The Broadside Sessions” EP, a
handful of tracks from the “Whatevers Forever” album, three songs that
we’re planning on recording this week for a new split/ EP, and four or
five other new songs. As always, I felt/ feel that the new songs are,
to quote one Beck Hansen, “where it’s at,” but since it had been so
long, at least in my mind, since The Plurals had played, I wasn’t sure
how the new stuff would go over.

So March 3rd rolled around, and we were playing at Basement 414 in
Lansing. We didn’t promote the show beyond a little word of mouth and
some texts/ phone calls in the hours before the show, because we’re
difficult and stubborn and stuff and didn’t want to make a big deal
out of our first show “back,” and to use it as an opportunity to warm
up for the tour. We played with Commodore Cosmos, This is My Suitcase,
and The Round, all of whom were in fine form and made up a pretty
diverse bill. I re-strung my guitar at the show, hoping to avoid the
inevitable string breaking that seems to come on tour no matter how
hard I try, which was a spectacular failure in the end. We took the
“stage” in front of a nice crowd of 25 or so friends, other bands’
members, and random folks that wandered in. Our friend Tim Hill filmed
the show, which thankfully went well, otherwise a crappy set would be
up on youtube for the world to see, for all time (or until I convinced
him to take it down). Check it out here.

From the very beginning, it felt great to be playing this music in
front of people again. What didn’t feel great was my throat and lungs.
For some reason, right when we started it felt like my throat was
closing up and I was having trouble catching my breath. I never was
“sick” per se, but something was definitely wrong. It didn’t matter
though, aside from a few shortened screams and wails, I pushed on and
just let my adrenaline carry me through the set. We debuted a new song
called “Crush,” as well as some new arrangements of some songs that
we’ve been toying with for a little while. All of the new songs were
greeted warmly, with “Crush” – one of the newer songs I wasn’t sure
was ready to be played live – in particular getting a good response.
Energy was up. I was ready for more.

Thursday March 4th we got ready for the week ahead of touring. I sat
in Fleetwood Diner with Josh David and drank Louisiana Hot Sauce
straight to try and get my throat to open up. We played a show in
Grand Rapids at Mulligan’s Pub to kick off the tour proper. The show
was setup by our friends Cookie (formerly Lightning Bugs), who played
a great set, at least what I caught of it. We didn’t get to the show
until after 11 because Nich had a previously scheduled performance
with the LCC Jazz Ensemble, so we completely missed the band that
played first, and I’m not even sure who they were. The show was great.
I sucked down water and was able to get through the set without my
throat hurting. A few friends from Lansing came out to send us off,
which was totally great, and helped make the night that much better.
Strangely, I broke a string at this show. My freshly re-strung guitar
was not holding up as I wanted it to. I was perplexed, but shrugged it
off and finished the set with Nich’s guitar. Timmy was there with his
roommates, and it was great to actually see Timmy in Grand Rapids
where he seems to live, despite everyone thinking he lives in Lansing.
Timmy was coming along as our roadie/ tagalong/ driver/ stowaway/
friend/ whatever, so he witnessed his first of many Plurals shows to
come. Shortly before 2 AM, I downed a few cups of beer, breaking my
pre-tour “detox,” and presumably priming myself for a week of liberal
alcohol intake. After briefly stopping by Timmy’s house, we were on
the road again. There’s nothing quite like taking off for the east
coast in the middle of the night to play some shows. Hattie took the
first leg of driving, that wonderful stretch of southern Michigan and
northern Ohio.

Previous readers of my tour journals will be surprised to learn that I
slept for a good chunk of this drive. In the past it’s been nearly
impossible for me to fall asleep in a moving vehicle, not matter how
tired I am. In the past year or so, I slowly have been able to sleep
more and more… so maybe all of the automotive insomnia was just some
sort of quirk of late-adolescence? Any psychology majors want to weigh
in on this one? Maybe it was the fact that we had a nice spacious van
for this tour as opposed to our previous mini-vans and Ford Taurus.
This van, named Beatrice, was acquired in Texas on Hattie’s
sabbatical, and it’s a real trooper. The gas mileage was actually
pretty decent for a vehicle that multiple people could live in. So,
somewhere on the Ohio Turnpike east of Toledo (I’m not sure if I even
made it to the “Highway 420 Stony Creek” exit) I curled up on the
floor of Beatrice, not to wake until the state of New York.

Apparently Timmy briefly took us on a detour, but I slept through
that. I dimly remember Timmy and Nich stopping at a martial arts
supply store in northwest Pennsylvania, but I didn’t get up until
somewhere in northwest New York. I grabbed some coffee at a rest area,
that, despite, as Nich put it, smelled like it was “filtered through a
sofa cushion,” was pretty good, at least for less than a dollar. I
took over driving somewhere in there, and eventually we rolled into
the hilly terrain of Ithaca, New York. Our first show out of state was
at Watermargin Co-Op just off the campus of Cornell University on
Friday March 5th. This super cool girl named Paige set up the show,
and mine and Nich’s high school friend Ryan was there hanging out. We
bummed around the co-op for awhile, grabbed something to eat with
Ryan, and then set up for the show. We were playing with a guy named
Sam, who performed as Awesome Awesome (I know there was more to the
name, but I never actually clearly heard it and just nodded my head as
if I understood when it was told to me). It was a pretty wild party,
and I had a healthy dose of champagne, which only made PBR taste
worse. The vocals were being run through a bass amp, which didn’t
exactly provide a strong mix, but people were dancing and having fun,
so it didn’t matter much. What did matter was that I rather quickly
broke my high e string. My freshly re-strung guitar was REALLY not
working out as I wanted it to. Whatever, I can play a lot of songs
without that string, so we just kept going. A song or two later, I
broke my D string. I really need that string, so Hattie and Nich
vamped on the song for a minute while I switched to Nich’s guitar….
which was horribly out of tune. Not wanting to ruin momentum, we
carried on, but I was getting pretty pissed about how shitty I was
sounding. The crowd was still jumping around and dancing, not seeming
to notice my aural vomit that I was producing, but I was getting in a
pretty bad mood. As if by divine intervention, the fire alarm went off
(as it always seems to at co-op parties) and I had an opportunity to
re-string and tune up. We kicked off our “second set” with “Blitzkrieg
Bop” to get energy back up, and the show went on without incident, and
ended up being a lot of fun. We dug out a few of our old covers aside
from the aforementioned Ramones, including “Debaser” by The Pixies,”
“Merchandise,” by Fugazi, and, as an encore request from Paige, The
Smashing Pumpkins’ “I Am One.” We briefly started to play “What’s
Going On” by Husker Du (a request from Ryan) but that was right when
the fire alarm went off.

I wandered around the co-op for the rest of the night, eventually
settling in this girl Gav’s room for a blurry few hours or rambling
about music (at one point insisting on making everyone listen to
Cavalcade and Fugazi) before stumbling down the stairs and crashing on
a couch. I put my earplugs back in to block out Timmy’s snoring. I
woke up in the afternoon of Saturday March 6th, and we walked around
Ithaca, and I bought two new packs of strings. I was beginning to
suspect that my strings I had put on a few days earlier were not in
the best of shape, and since I didn’t actually buy them (they were
given to me by my cousin a few days earlier) I couldn’t be sure that
they hadn’t been lying in a basement for ten years or something (the
packaging actually was slightly outdated). Or maybe it was just a
shitty pack. Either way, I wanted to make sure I had more. Hattie and
I picked up some groceries and cooked some breakfast/ lunch/ dinner
(i.e. “brunner”) back at the co-op while Nich, Timmy, and Ryan browsed
at some of the local shops. We eventually packed up the van, and with
Paige and Ryan in two, drove the 35 minutes to our next show in
Cortland, NY.

We had played in Cortland the previous summer, and were booked to once
again play at the bar Lucky’s. Lucky’s unfortunately closed, so our
buddy Brendan took it on himself to host the show in his apartment in
downtown Cortland. His band The Loiterers opened up the show, a great
mix of punk and rock and roll with some killer vocal harmonies, and
then we played. I only broke one string at this show, but since it was
another one from the “cursed pack” I was pretty sure the strings were
junk. I was getting pretty used to playing the songs on Nich’s guitar.
We played a good “touring” set, with a higher percentage of songs from
“Whatevers Forever” than at other shows (since we knew the Cortland
folks might want to hear the stuff on the CDs they bought last summer)
with “Debaser” once again part of the set, and a full rendition of
“What’s Going On.” We got an encore call for “Sleepy Girl,” which was
nice. My throat didn’t bother me at all during the set, which was
cool. The night went on with various offshoots of Cortland local bands
re-forming and plowing through lots of Nirvana covers. Everyone there
was really cool, and I hope we get to make Cortland a regular stop. We
went back to Ithaca to crash at Watermargin, and I once again blurrily
rambled about music in Gav’s room until the point of passing out.

Waking up on Sunday March 7th, my throat felt 100%, and it was a
beautiful day. We said goodbye to tall of the fine folks at
Watermargin, then took off for the bright lights of New York City,
where we had a show at Don Pedro’s in Brooklyn. After a brief detour
to northern New Jersey we got to the show, where my dear friend Evie
was waiting for us. Evie and I had been friends throughout high school
and college, but she is now going to Columbia University for a
psychology masters program, so it was wonderful to see her. On the
show front, Dave from the band Genuine Imitations was holding things
together, and we totally owe him for the show not being a bust. He
played a solo set along with a fellow from a band called Turbosleaze,
and he collected donations for us and basically made sure the show ran
smoothly. Three cheers for Dave! A band called Advaita Vera played as
well, delivering a dreamy set of Lush-y atmospheric noisepop, and then
we played. The whole room seemed to be with us every step of the way,
which felt great. I feel like we started to hit our stride with this
show. I once again broke a string, and I decried NAY to this pack of
strings, giving my guitar a fresh set of new strings at the first
opportunity. All in all though, it was a very strong set, and I was
most definitely satisfied with the show. The show was concluded by a
sweet Brooklyn band called TCB (for “taking car of business”) who
played a great set of shuffly, bluesy, garage punk stuff – as Nich put
it, they were like a Frank and Earnest that only did Paul songs. We
went up to Evie’s place in Manhattan (via, a, uh, detour, through the
Bronx) and crashed out, five people in what is essentially a dorm room
(and I think my dorm at MSU was bigger).

Monday March 8th was a beautiful day, and we went all around Manhattan
with Evie. Timmy got some great pictures, including The Plurals in
front of Tom’s Restaurant (of Seinfeld fame), The Plurals with Elmo,
and The Plurals in a bull’s ass. He’ll have to post those. We got a
nice crash course in Manhattan, seeing the Statue of Liberty from
Staten Island, the WTC ground zero site, Times Square, the 30 Rock
building, Rockefeller Plaza, Central Park (including Strawberry
Fields), and the fine NYC subway system. Thanks Evie! At night,
Hattie, Nich, and I wandered around Manhattan first in search of a bar
(briefly stumbling upon a legit redneck bar with Kid Rock blasting
before finding the much more chill bar Jake’s Dilemma), and then for
hanging on the corner of 52nd and Broadway a la “Olympia” by Rancid.
This resulted in us walking 80 blocks in the middle of the night,
ending up at Times Square once again at 2 AM. It felt like daytime
with all the lights and people all around. We took the subway back. My
legs still kind of hurt from that walk.

After getting around on the morning of March 9th, we got to take in
the experience of drinking coffee at a sidewalk cafe in Manhattan. It
was a fantasy come to life. Some guy was screaming in his cell phone
“That’s what I fucking told you! Don’t tell me what I didn’t say!” and
other such things that one hears when they only catch half of an
argument. Nich’s face visibly fell when he realized he couldn’t smoke,
even in the sidewalk seating, in New York City. After this morning
coffee intake, we met up with Evie very briefly to say thank you and
goodbye, and then made our way out of New York. We drove the length of
New Jersey, somehow got off of our directions, drove through some sort
of cultural wasteland north of Philadelphia (pure suburbia with lots
of traffic and people wandering out into the street as if they didn’t
expect any cars to be around), and eventually got to my brother
Robbie’s apartment in west Philadelphia. Up until last summer, both of
my brothers lived in Baltimore, and a hallmark of every Plurals tour
that went out east was quality time hanging out with my brothers, so
Philadelphia is the new “McCord brother tour hotspot.” My brother Paul
is back in East Lansing, but he was coincidentally visiting Robbie at
the same time we were there, so the six of us went out to a bar by
Robbie’s place. I quit drinking for a little while prior to tour and
started drinking again at the first show, only to discover that my
taste buds had gotten pretentious and that I was mostly into IPA’s and
hoppy beers and junk as opposed to my usually PBR/ High Life palette.
This bar catered to my pretensions nicely, and I was feeling good. On
my return from the bathroom, the waitress asked me if I knew about
“the show going on at The Farm.” Robbie was annoyed that although he
comes to that bar often, no waitress has ever asked him if he knew
about any shows going on. When I told my friend Loren about this later
on, Loren pointed out that maybe Robbie doesn’t have the appearance of
someone who would enjoy a crust punk show, and I do. Which isn’t an
insult to Robbie in any way. We found “The Farm,” a dank basement a
few blocks away, and it was crusty as can be. Gotta love the
unmistakable waft of a basement full of dreadlocks. We saw some band
play… decent crusty punk metal stuff, and I was glad to be in the
“underground,” but it wasn’t my scene. I probably had the tightest
jeans of anyone there, and was surely the only one sporting a Jimmy
Eat World T-Shirt, although Paul was wearing a yellow rugby sweater or
something, so he took the cake for sticking out the most, but everyone
at the show was pretty cool and seemed nice enough. After the band
played Robbie, Paul, Timmy, and I stepped out to another nearby bar,
while Hattie and Nich hung around The Farm for awhile, and Nich drank
moonshine. A nice moment of “destiny” or some cosmic mumbo jumbo was
that the second I stepped into the basement of The Farm, I got a text
confirming a last minute show for the following night. Love, lift us
up where we belong. I got good and silly at the bar with my brothers
and my Timmy, and eventually Hattie and Nich showed up and we all
stumbled back to Robbie’s place.

I had the best cup of coffee of tour the following morning, March
10th, at The Philly Diner, which sounds like the name of the place you
would make up if you lied to your friends about going to Philadelphia,
but it’s true. We wandered around west Philly for a little bit, and
then hung out back at Robbie’s place, watching episodes of “Freaks and
Geeks” and enjoying some downtime, which had been strangely absent for
much of the tour. It turned out that the last minute show we had
gotten for the night was at a house called The Breakfast and Dessert
House, and it was about 5 blocks away from Robbie’s place. Around 6 PM
we headed over to the house, immediately meeting the band Lighthearted
from central Philadelphia. We got our stuff inside (we were playing
first) and after a little while the band The Mad Splatter showed up.
We met these guys through our friends in Too Much Too Fast Too Soon,
and The Mad Splatter was our hookup for the show that night, so it was
cool to see them. They’re a great poppy punk band, no frills
Ramonesy-Misfitsy power chord anthems with lots of harmonies and
B-Movie-esque lyrics, and they do it very well. We started off the
show, and it was a total rush, trying to cram as much as we could into
twenty minutes, with hardly any breaks in between songs. I Broke No
Strings. It might have been my favorite set of the tour, but that’s
hard to really determine. Mad Splatter played next, followed by Glocco
Morro, Lighthearted, and Ceasefire, who were my other favorite band of
the night with their tight set of catchy hardcore punk. It was a cool
house, with a bright, colorful exterior, and a lot of cool people
hanging out. We rolled back to Robbie’s place, with visions of New
Jersey dancing in our head.

We got to Trenton, NJ in the middle of the afternoon of March 11th,
and met up with a bunch of our friends at the Pats!e house, our
longtime base of operations whenever we’re in Trenton. It’s getting to
the point where I’m not sure how many times we’ve played in Trenton.
Quite a few. More than most cities. Our good friend Dale J Gordon was
having a cookout and party for us, followed by a house show where we
would play alongside famed rapper and the original 40 oz. pimp,
Certified Platinum. Also playing at the house show was
singer-songwriter Andriana Santiago, as well as “preview” sets from
Dale and kick-ass metal-punks Local Demise, who would both be playing
with us the following night. Some familiar faces were around –
including ex Rape Babies/ TMTFTS dudes and current Honah Lee members
Dim and Goggles, two of my very best friends, and their girlfriends,
Michigan emigrants Jessi Spreitzer and Amanda Menosky – as well as
this digital guitar thing that was completely spellbinding and
addictive. Once you started playing it, you didn’t want to stop, and
whenever someone else was playing it, you wanted to take it from them
and start playing. We need to get a hold of one, but I’m afraid it
would tear us all apart. Anyway, Certified Platinum kicked off the
show, rocking the mic like he was headlining Madison Square Garden and
not some dirty living room in Trenton, NJ (side note: the Pats!e House
folks cleaned up quite nicely for the party and the living room was
the neatest I’d ever seen it – I am honored that they think so highly
of The Plurals to do this for us). The cops showed up after CP’s set,
but we still went on. We did an off-the-cuff set of old songs and
unrehearsed covers (including two Nirvana songs in “Tourettes” and
“Aneurysm”) and new songs (debuting the song “Happy Songs,” watch out)
and a few songs we’d been playing, as well as an unrehearsed
collaboration where Goggles played drums on “Medic” while Hattie sang.
Pretty fun stuff. Dim said it was worthy of The Replacements, which,
if true, is awesome. If not… well, whatever. Local Demise played
next, and the cups showed up again, so then the show went the “toned
down” route with Andriana Santiago. Just before she played, Goggles
and Nich ended up agreeing to back her up, so they did a set, playing
the songs for the first time ever as they performed them, and it
sounded fucking great. Like… it should have been recorded. Only in
New Jersey! The cops showed up again at some point, and eventually a
noise ticket was issued, and the party dispersed. I passed out on the
couch, thinking that I really wanted my blankets, but that I didn’t
want to go out to the van and get them. Turns out that they were
already inside, in Goggles and Amanda’s room, but I didn’t find that
out to the morning.

We woke up… at some point on March 12th, I with a massive hankering
for my “hungove a the Pats!e House hangover cure” of a tuna salad
sandwich at the 7-11 a few blocks away. Nich, Timmy, Certified
Platinum and I walked down there, and CP got his breakfast of 7-11
knock off Funions that he washed down with vodka. I was with him for
the entire day and the dude did not eat a single other thing. Now, I
enjoy Trenton, NJ very much as it is full of a lot of people that I’ve
shared many good times with and it’s home to some of my favorite bands
and some of the most creative people I know, but it’s a terrible
fucking place to be on a cold, rainy day with nothing to do and
nowhere to go. We sat around the Pats!e House, which was dark and lit
with dim red light bulbs from the house show setup of the night
before, while it rained all day and everyone that lived there slept
all day. Certified Platinum kept the day entertaining, showing us his
new “Alcohol Poison World Tour” album and ripping into his frequent
freestyle verses. After this dreary, monotonous day, we eventually
headed to Mill Hill Basement, one of my favorite places to play, for
our show. Paul from The Mad Splatter showed up, which was totally cool
to see someone we had been hanging with earlier on the tour. Local
band Pistol Monk opened the show with some L7ish alt-metal stuff,
followed by Local Demise who positively pummeled, sending the crowd in
to a frenzy – at one point a guy just jumped in the air and punched
out a ceiling tile for no good reason, but the show was such a rocking
mess no one seemed to notice or care. We played next, and shortly
before we played Taff, ex-singer of The Rape Babies and Too Much Too
Fast Too Soon showed up, and my heart was warmed. I love that guy. The
Rape Babies were one of my favorite bands of all time, and I’m so glad
we got to share the stage with them so many times and become such good
friends with them. RIP Mark. Our set was a rush, lots of new songs,
people singing along to old songs, and a great energy. DEMO, Dale’s
project, closed out the show, and it was one of the most primal and
intense shows I’ve ever seen. The way the crowd was dancing around
felt like I was at a caveman party to celebrate the cultivation of
fire or something. Certified Platinum took to the mic for Dale’s
dirtbag anthem “Real Man” (from his excellent 2009 album “Digital
Wiccan”) hyping it up like only CP can. We rolled back to the Pats!e
House, Taff and Paul now a part of our posse, made some spaghetti, and
settled in. I decided I couldn’t risk another night of no sleep and
crashed in the van. Nich passed out behind a couch next to a bag of

We got up early (re: noon) on March 13th, said our goodbyes to Dale,
Local Demise, and Certified Platinum, and met up at a diner in
Levittown, PA with Dim and Jessi. After whatever meal that was, we
started heading to our buddy Tim Hoh (from the band Honah Lee)’s house
in West Trenton, but the rain from the day before had kept coming and
entire sections of highway were blocked off and streets were flooding.
We eventually made it there, but the grim weather did little to sway
the last-day-of-tour blues. Timmy took a nap, Nich took a shower, Dim
and Tim had to go pick up Goggles… lots of waiting. Eventually the
rest of the Honah Lee boys showed up, and we caravaned, in the gusty
winds and cold rain (which was leaking through holes in the van’s
roof) to our show in Philadelphia that night. The show was at a bar
called Coyle’s Rox Box, and it was on those bars that I fucking hate
where the bar is in a separate room from where the bands play, and
they keep music so loud that it’s hard to tell if a band is playing at
all. No matter, it was the last show of tour, and we were playing with
our good friends in Honah Lee, so we were gonna rock! And rock we did,
playing our best set of the tour, and getting to watch Honah Lee kick
some ass as well. Dim only joined up with the band in the last few
months, and his amazing blues-punk guitar is a welcome addition to the
band, who have perfected a blend of
Replacements-meets-Weezer-..meets-Foo Fighters of boozy punk-ish
rock-ish pop. We’re putting out a split EP with them on April 10th,
and then they’ll be doing some shows in Michigan at the beginning of
May. Stoked! Paul from Mad Splatter once again showed up to catch our
set, and my brother Robbie made his return to the annals of the tour
as well, so it was a really nice way to end the tour. But… we had to
end the tour. Timmy had napped at Tim Hoh’s house (where we were
strongly being encouraged to come back to and party the night away,
which sounded oh so good, but we had to be back in Michigan the next
day… damn…) so he took us on our way. Not before I stopped at a
nearby 7-11 and grabbed another tuna salad sandwich. Fuck. I hung out
in the passenger seat until we hit I-80, and then it was all over for
me. I woke up on US-23 just south of I-96 the following afternoon.

After a mind-numbing, bizarre, “home from tour” Sunday, it was back to
the grind. But there was much good to come! On Wednesday March 17 (St.
Patty’s day, balrgh!!) we recorded the music for our half of the Honah
Lee split at Eric Merckling’s CrookedSound studio in Lansing, putting
down some fresh-from-the-road new tunes. It’s wild to go from being
almost inactive as a band to touring and recording new stuff in a time
period of two weeks. And if that weren’t what happened, I would
probably weigh 500 pounds and be washing my dishes in a bathtub.
Sunday March 21st we played our “proper” first show back in Lansing at
Mac’s Bar with Flatfoot, La Mano, and Infernal Names, and it was a
great time. Tim Hill also filmed that set.

It’s so good to be back!

Cool people that turned up on this tour:
The Loiterers
Genuine Imitations
Advaita Vera
The Mad Splatter
The Breakfast and Dessert House
Glocca Morra
Dale J Gordon
Local Demise
Certified Platinum
Andriana Santiago
Pistol Monk
Honah Lee
As well as Robbie and Paul McCord, Paige Feldman-Ortiz and all of Watermargin Co-Op, Sam Awesome Awesome, Ryan Jackson, Evelyn Sinclair, Melissa and Don Pedro, that waitress, those crustpunks, Trenton, Dave and Samara and The Mill Hill Basement, and Lansing, Michigan, a great place to call home.

One response to “Of Beatrice and Timmy: The Plurals Spring 2010 Tour Journal

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s